Moose safari by foot in Finnskogen
Join us on an moose safari in the beautiful Finnskogen! Imagine following an experienced guide with a dog, and silently stalking the moose as it grazes in the forest. Neither you nor the guide know where the elkhound will lead you, and it is up to you to read nature and pick up on the dog’s signals.
The guide contacts you well in advance of the tour and agrees on the time and place to meet. You will also receive further information about clothing and other relevant practical issues.
NOK 1500,- per person
Children under the age of 16: NOK 750,-
Please contact us when you are travelling with a group.
• Coffee or cold drink and cured-meat snacks
• Admission to Anno Norwegian Forestry Museum
• Meeting time: 06.00 p.m./ 03.00 p.m. during the winter season
• Target group: Small groups and families; must be able to move in rugged terrain
• Number of people: 2–4 (please contact us for larger groups)
• Duration: Approx. 3 hours
• Season: May to August / November to March
• Area: Finnskogen
The dream behind Finnskogen Adventures
Imagine an early autumn morning deep inside Finnskogen. You emerge from your tent and feel the morning chill tickling your nose. The sun is rising over the horizon. You see misty cobwebs in the trees. There is frost on the ground and a thin layer of ice on the small forest tarns. The autumn colours glow in the sunlight. Imagine lighting a campfire and getting the coffee pot ready. The smell of the campfire. Flickering flames. The birds coming to life, and the sun shining. You stretch and feel the peace within. The joy of being alive, experiencing this, and being part of something bigger.
Finnskogen Adventures offers outdoor adventures in Finnskogen and its immediate area. Experiences include campfire cooking, canyon hikes, cycle rides, paddling trips, and guided tours looking for elk and other animals. All activities are suitable for individuals, families, groups, organisations, and corporate entities. Finnskogen Adventures also offers tree-tents for hire.
Does this sound like something you and your family or friends would enjoy?
Then join Finnskogen Adventures on one of their trips. Their aim is to show everyone the spectacular outdoors! All activities are in nature – primarily in Finnskogen or the immediate area.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- R6256JIthomashTrip Type:CouplesMoose safari / Elg safari24/05/2020My Girlfriend and I went on Moose safari With Stian and his old time friend. We had a super nice trip with plenty of mooses (we saw 3) :) We saw bear tracks on the ground and was explained about the... Read full review
- carolek940Trip Type:CouplesGreat moose safari11/08/2022We had a great moose safari yesterday evening with Tom and his dog. Unfortunately we were not lucky enough to see the elks. But it was still very exciting, Tom told us a lot about nature and the... Read full review
- Q9575FCphilipTrip Type:CouplesAmazing moose safari!20/08/2023We took the Moose safari and it was simply amazing. Very nice guides that not only took us on a moose spotting trip, but also told enjoyable stories about the surroundings an heritage. Overall a... Read full review
|NOK1,500.00 per person