Watch the Blackgrouse play
Finnskogen has fantastic nature with forests, rivers, small peaks and a magical culture. Combine this with early spring mornings, fog and hot coffee. Put on your hiking clothes and shoes and join us!
Lying down on the edge of a frozen bog in April can be a rare nature experience. If we're lucky, we'll hear the ice sing while the log fire sends its sparks into the sky. The goal is, of course, for us to wake up early in the gray light in the morning to the black grouse playing outside on the moor.
The black grouse plays over a slightly longer period in the spring, and since we keep a little distance, this tour is also suitable for families with slightly larger children. On this trip, we set up photo tents, each with room for one person. We go in in the afternoon, light a log fire and make evening snacks and coffee. When we have found peace, we each lay down in our tent at the edge of the forest. In the gray clearing the black grouse start their game and then you just have to follow along and enjoy! When the performance is over, we serve coffee and breakfast prepared by the fire. Afterwards we stroll back to civilization, hopefully a great natural experience richer.
NOK 3500,- per person
Children under the age of 16 år NOK 1750,-
Please contact us for a price offer in case of larger groups
• Light meal w/ drink
• A local guide accompanies you during your stay and provides you with information about the forest, its wildlife and the ecosystem in Finnskogen.
• Accommodation on site in a tent
• Forest breakfast
• Admission ticket to Anno Norwegian Forest Museum, Elverum
• Starting time: 6.00 p.m.
• Target group: Small groups and individuals. The tour cannot be adapted for wheelchairs. The participants must expect to lie completely still for many hours
• Number of people: 2-4 (contact us for larger groups), 1 person/ tent.
• Duration: approx.15 hours
• Bookable in 2024: from March 29th - April 25th (Get in touch to check availability on other dates)
• Area: Finnskogen, Elverum
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- R6256JIthomashTrip Type:CouplesMoose safari / Elg safari24/05/2020My Girlfriend and I went on Moose safari With Stian and his old time friend. We had a super nice trip with plenty of mooses (we saw 3) :) We saw bear tracks on the ground and was explained about the... Read full review
- carolek940Trip Type:CouplesGreat moose safari11/08/2022We had a great moose safari yesterday evening with Tom and his dog. Unfortunately we were not lucky enough to see the elks. But it was still very exciting, Tom told us a lot about nature and the... Read full review
- Q9575FCphilipTrip Type:CouplesAmazing moose safari!20/08/2023We took the Moose safari and it was simply amazing. Very nice guides that not only took us on a moose spotting trip, but also told enjoyable stories about the surroundings an heritage. Overall a... Read full review
|Ticket Type||Ticket Tariff|