About Elverum Library
Elverum Library offers a range of services open to everyone. If you would like to borrow items, you need a library card (remember ID). The resources available are primarily books, audio books on CD, and films on DVD. These can be found in the adult section.
Newspapers and magazines are located in the library’s public area, by the customer service desk. Older issues can be borrowed. This is also where you find books on local history. Via the Bookbites app, you can borrow e-books and e-audio books by creating a user account and log in with your national library number and pin code.
The library has four public computers. Printing is available at a charge, and is paid for at the customer service desk. Wi-Fi is available for those using mobile phones and own laptops. Please contact the customer service desk for username and password.
Elverum library hosts a range of different events, mainly in the autumn, winter, and spring. Examples are book/author evenings, chess at the library, and board-game evenings.
Join in the library’s regular events:
• Pappatreff (dads’ meet-up) every Wednesday from 11:00.
• Go'praten (conversation group) every Thursday at 13:00.
• Fredagstipset (recommended books) every second Friday at 11:00.
• The library collaborates with the local genealogy association, Sør-Østerdal Slektshistorielag, and every month you have the opportunity to "Ask a genealogist!"
• Activities for children include hobby Saturdays and reading events.
• From June to end of August, children in year 1 to 7 can join in the summer reading campaign ‘Sommerles’.
This is just some of what is happening at the library.
|Season (1 Jan 2024 - 17 June 2024)|
|Thursday - Friday||10:00||- 16:00|