The Norwegian Forest Museum is a favorite destination for all age groups. With our scenic location along Glomma, large outdoor areas and great exhibitions, we have something for every taste. We convey the history of forests and open fields with a focus on hunting, trapping, fishing, forestry and the forest industry in Norway. Every year over 100,000 people visit us.
NEW IN 2023
1. Motorhome parking with museum ticket
Anno Norwegian Forest Museum has large areas that are well suited for motorhomes, and parking is reserved for visitors to the museum. You stand firmly in 1 of the 14 marked spaces in the gravel car park. You can pay with Vipps or at the museum. You can find more information and prices here.
2. The Summer card
Visit us as often as you want throughout the summer with the Anno Summer Card! The summer card gives you free access to 29 museums and places to visit and discounts with our partners in the period 15 May to 15 September. Read more and order here!
The museum has a large and beautiful outdoor area. The play area offers development and activity. Right next to it is the Bekkeverkstedet, which leads down to Elveparken and the floodstone. On Prestøya you will find a large collection of historic cabins and forest huts. Here you can also visit Barna's fishing pond and look at old traps and fishing devices.
Be sure to visit the museum's new exhibition - The Fantastic Tree. An exhibition presenting the growth of a tree and how the photosynthesis is the foundation of all life. The museum offers other both permanent and temporary exciting exhibitions. You can go on your own or get a tour from the museum's skilled mediators.
The museum shop
We welcome you to a shopping trip in cozy surroundings. You do not need to buy a ticket to shop in the museum shop.
Our shop appears as one of the leading museum shops in Norway. The museum shop conveys knowledge about arts and crafts within the museum's specialist field. The range of products is wide, from beautiful art glass, jewelery and clothes to oars, knives and wooden toys. In December we have our own Christmas shop.
The restaurant Forstmann
With a view of Glomma, you can enjoy a tasty lunch, à la carte or party menu - with ingredients from nature's pantry. The restaurant is open during the museum's opening hours. For more information see forstmann.no
The Klevfos Industrial Museum at Løten and the Sørlistøa Fløtermuseum at Osen are owned be the same foundation running the Norwegian Forest Museum.
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good27
- Soleil_GalStafford, United KingdomA great place to visit for kid education / forest school19/09/2018I have visited this museum twice, once in winter time, once in summer, I would say both are beautiful! I enjoyed the outdoor space in the woods a lot as well as indoor exhibition. The exhibition... Read full review
- O9045XPanitadRena, NorwayTrip Type:CouplesNice museum19/10/2019We stopped here on day when travelling in the area. It is a nice museum with a lot of information about the forest, rivers, logging and fishing in this area. A lot of interesting information and... Read full review
- 266vikkidRoros, NorwayTrip Type:CouplesA lot of interesting stuff!02/08/2020Life size animals and birds, aquarium, and a lot of things to learn about. Boyfriend really enjoyed The hunting section and history Read full review
- activities available
- fishing possibilities
- conference rooms
- Conference facilities
- outdoor parking - free
- parking for motor coaches
- suitable for children
- tourism information
Museums, Galleries and crafts
- museum shop
- permanent exhibitions
- theme exhibitions
- open all year round