You do not have to go far to enjoy the wonderful outdoors. Tiurtoppen is a destination suitable for most. It is a little bit steep towards the end, but reaching a peak with spectacular views will always require a bit of effort. Åsa in Ringerike offers a plethora of stunning outdoor experiences, and among these is Tiurtoppen located approx. 2 km from Steinsfjorden Montesorriskole.
There are several routes to the top. No matter which one you choose, this 2 km hike is a spectacular experience – and you are rewarded with breathtaking views of Steinsfjorden and Åsa. It is the ideal spot to set up a hammock and “hang around” just enjoy the panorama!
Children: Suitable for children aged 5-6, if used to hiking.
Accommodation: Area suitable for hammock. Tent not recommended due to sloping terrain.
Draw inspiration and see map here
Show consideration during your visit, and follow these basic guidelines:
• Adhere to the code of conduct for public right of access
• Park at designated car parks and campsites
• Take your litter home or use the bins provided
• Remember the rules for keeping dogs on a lead; respect campfire bans and restrictions, and use designated sites only
• Try to use local shops along the route
• Drive nicely, but not too nicely – keep up with the traffic
• Last, but not least; ENJOY your trip!
- hiking trails - marked
- nature trails