Vind Idrettspark - Gjøvik
Vind Idrettspark is located at Østbyhøgda, south of Gjøvik town centre, and is Innlandet’s largest sports complex. It is the home of the sports club Vind Idrettslag (Vind IL), and features sports grounds, a multi-purpose arena, and a club house. Vind IL hosted the Norwegian Cup in cross-country skiing on 28 – 30 January 2022, and is set to host the Norwegian Championships in the same discipline in January 2023. From Vind, there are floodlit trails leading from the arena, via the sports grounds, and then south to Vestre Toten.
How to reach Vind Idrettsplass
• Use Google Maps to see route description based on your location
By public transport:
Bus service B41, departs twice every hour from Gjøvik station.
• Plan your journey by public transport at EnTur.no
Trail maps and status reports
It is always wise to be well prepared for your ski trip.
See recommended trails and status reports for Vind Idrettsplass
Recommended routes from Vind
Floodlit trail, Vind – Lerudåsen.
5.5 km one way; 11 km return.
• Read more about the floodlit trail from Vind to Lerudåsen at Skiforeningen’s website
Competition trails at Vind
4.5 km classic and freestyle. Best suited for training.
• Read more about competition trails at Vind on Skiforeningen’s website
Find trail maps and status reports at Vind IL’s own website
Food & drink
• Heim Restaurant and Gastropub
• Lasse Liten Café & Deli
• Egon Gjøvik
• Salt & Pepper
• Khalles Corner
• Fahlstrøm Bar & Grill
• Peking Palace
• Peppes Pizza
• Quality Hotel Strand
• Clarion Collection Hotel Grand
• Gjøvik Hovdetun Hostel
Show consideration during your visit, and follow these basic guidelines:
• Adhere to the code of conduct for public right of access
• Park at designated car parks and campsites
• Take your litter home or use the bins provided
• Remember the rules for keeping dogs on a lead; respect campfire bans and restrictions, and use designated sites only
• Try to use local shops along the route
• Drive nicely, but not too nicely – keep up with the traffic
• Last, but not least; ENJOY your trip!