The Prøysen Museum – a popular private event venue
Located by Prestvegen and the Prøysen Cottage, the Prøysen Museum is a sought-after venue for banqueting and private events.
The Prøysensalen auditorium has all the necessary equipment; large screen, wireless lapels and microphones, wireless network, and of course a good old flipchart. It has a 200-people capacity, and access to a technician who is familiar with the room and equipment is included in the price. The Prøysen Museum also offers various rooms for smaller groups.
Kafé Julie serves food as per order, and can cater for up to 200 guests.
Curators at the Prøysen Museum will contribute with an artistic element if required.
- Read more about training & conferences at the Prøysen Museum
Christmas party at the Prøysen Museum
At the Prøysen Museum, we take Christmas seriously. The Christmas songs everyone wants to hear are written by Alf himself, and when your group hear them performed at the Prøysen Museum your Christmas spirit will last well into the new year. As you approach, flaming torches will guide the way and lead you past the statue of Alf, over to his childhood home the Prøysen Cottage, and on to a concert in Mikkelikskiskogen. As the Prøysen star shines, a small choir and orchestra start singing and playing Prøysen’s Christmas songs. At the museum, all candles are lit and every nook and cranny has been decorated for the festive season. The open fire is burning, and there are wonderful aromas coming from the Christmas buffet.
Christmas buffets are in the main intended for larger groups of 30 people or more, but are also available for smaller private and corporate groups on set dates.
- Read more about Christmas parties at the Prøysen Museum
Please contact us for further information or booking.
Telephone: +47 623 51 800
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good12
- AnneogMortenRingsaker, NorwayTrip Type:CouplesAlf's birthplace01/06/2015Alf Prøysen was a Norwegia singer songwriter. Its very nice to visit the cabin he was born. Its situated not far from the main road. Its a beautiful place to take good picures. Read full review
- Mor-t-treTrondheimTrip Type:FamilyNorwegian literature history, quietness, emotional, Alf Prøysen27/07/2015Visited together with tree children, aged 7, 10, 12 years. Alf Prøysen is a person we all four have a relation to through life, childhood, school plays, songs, “barne-TV” and radio. For me it was... Read full review
- AddieHNOOslo, NorwayTrip Type:Solo travelGreat grounds and cafe02/09/2017A museum dedicated to Alf Prøysen, one of the most important Norwegian cultural personalities in the second half of the twentieth century, and he made significant contributions to literature, music... Read full review