Amtmannsgarden Stenberg at Toten
Stenberg is a pristine open-air museum featuring several old buildings with interior from the first half of the 1800s, all set in a beautiful park. Explore the kitchen of the county governor’s wife, Ditlevine, the office of county governor Lauritz Weidemann, the well-stocked log store, the pavilions at the bottom of the park, and the family’s private burial site. The open-air museum is a popular walking area, and is home to the farm Øverjordet, a croft, and a mountain dairy farm. End your visit with a home-baked treat at the café Ditlevines Utsikt.
Ditlevines Utsikt – the café at Stenberg
Ditlevines Utsikt is a friendly and relaxing café with spectacular views of Stenbergparken and Mjøsa. On the menu are traditional dishes and homemade treats. Ample parking, toilet facilities, and meeting point for guided tours.
• See café opening hours and info
Season: All year round
Duration: 1 hour recommended
The museum is open for groups by appointment all year round. Ideal to combine with a visit to one of our other attractions, such as Mjøsa's own museum Mjøsas Ark at Kapp, or Gjøvik Gård in Gjøvik town centre.
• Please contact us for further information and prices
Events at Stenberg
Stenberg plays host to a range of events throughout the year, such as 17th of May at Stenberg, the Stenberg day, Stenberg evenings, and Christmas at Stenberg. During the summer season, there are guided tours with exciting stories.
• See schedule for guided tours and events at Stenberg
Manor-farm safari at Nes & Helgøya – day-trip for groups
The region around Mjøsa is characterised by large, well-preserved manor farms set in a beautiful cultural landscape. What was it like living at these estates? When was their golden age? How many people worked at these farms in the olden days? Joint the trip and visit two beautiful Mjøsa farms at Nes & Helgøya, in the heart of Mjøsa.
For further information, please contact Visit Øst-Norge: email@example.com
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating:
- Very Good1
- Jan PGuardamar del Segura, SpainTrip Type:BusinessAmtmann Weidemanns herregård19/10/2014Her bodde en av dem som var med å lage Norges grunnlov i 1814.Stedet ble pusset opp til 17. mai 2014 og fremstår meget flott. Read full review
- Bente NTrip Type:Solo travelHygge og nysjerrighet22/10/2016Har du sansen for vår gamle historie og liker å drømme deg bort så er Steinberg stedet .Ypperlig sted for å gå tur alene , med hunden el.ta med barna på tur .Fint å ta lunsjen ute der i "de gamle... Read full review
- Åslaug RTrip Type:Friends getawayHot bread and kanelboller on fridays.10/08/2019This museum is an example of old wealthy farms and Even more about one of our creators of Grunnloven as the owner was a prominent partisipator in Eidsvoll 1814. Superb guiding gave is a memorable day. Read full review